Marion Square Goes Green
On Sunday, one of the city’s most used parks will take green to a level far beyond the color of its grass and trees. The Charleston Green Fair, set for noon to 8 p.m., will fill Marion Square with music, food, more than 100 vendors and exhibitors and an overall warm and fuzzy feeling for the environment.
You’ve been hiding under a pile of recyclable cardboard boxes if you don’t know green is good. And Charleston has been making great strides toward making the city more environmentally friendly with efforts like the Green Business Challenge and the recent news that a portion of King Street will be closed to cars on the second Sunday of each month to encourage walking and biking.
Why go to the green fair?
– It’s the perfect opportunity to learn more about how to implement green initiatives in your own homes and businesses.
– Tickets are only $5 and kids get in free.
– Food! Tasty treats from Hometeam BBQ, WOK, Black Bean Company and Taco Boy.
– Be part of a family-friendly bike parade.
– We’ll be there! Be sure to stop by the Conservancy’s booth in the nonprofit exhibitor area.