Holiday Events All Around
You’d have to be a real scrooge not to get in the holiday spirit living in Charleston. The holiday events and activities are plentiful. And thanks to our moderate climate, we can get out and enjoy our parks and public spaces as they are decked out in their holiday finest.
Here are just a few upcoming events going in parks all around the Lowcountry. What are your favorite holiday happenings?
– Holiday Festival of Lights: Now through Jan. 1 at James Island County Park. $12 per vehicle.
– Summerville Christmas Tree Lighting: 6 p.m. Nov. 29 in Hutchinson Square on Main Street. Free.
– Reindeer Run: 9 a.m. Dec. 3 at Southend Brewery & Smokehouse, 161 E. Bay St. $17-$35.
– Parade of Boats: 5-7:30 p.m. Dec. 3 in the Charleston Harbor. Free.
– City of Charleston Tree Lighting Ceremony: 4:30-6 p.m. Dec. 3 in Marion Square. Free.
– Charleston Christmas Parade: 2-5 p.m. Dec. 4; begins at Calhoun and Meeting streets. Free.
– Holiday Farmers Market: 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturdays in Marion Square. Free.
– Holiday Nature Crafts: 10 a.m. Dec. 10 at Tiedermann Park Nature Center, 38 Elizabeth St. Free.
Don’t forget if you need to tackle your shopping list, drop your little ones at our Garden Buddies class for children ages 4 to 7. The class is 10 a.m. to noon on Dec. 3 at Hazel Parker Playground, 70 E. Bay St. Children will make crafts and learn about migration and hibernation. Cost is $25. Attendees must pre-register online.
Children ages 6 to 11 can attend a Holiday in the Garden class from 9 a.m. to noon on Dec. 17 at Hazel Parker Playground, 70 E. Bay St. They will create garden-inspired holiday crafts and play games. Cost is $40. Attendees must pre-register online.