Gifts for Gardeners
Is there a green-thumbed gardening guru on your holiday shopping list? Or maybe a park-loving mama with a double stroller? If you need a nature-based gift, don’t worry, we have some ideas!
– Ethel Gloves – For women, these gardening gloves come in all sorts of colors and fabrics, including bamboo, breathable knit and leather. (Soon to be available at Williams-Sonoma.)
– Country Living has a list of its holiday gifts picks, including hand-forged gardening tools from Sneeboer brothers, copper plant markers and carrot hand cream.
– For the eco-minded, our friends at DwellSmart here in Charleston have some awesome gift ideas, including soaps, lotions and bags.
– A dibble is the perfect pointed gardening tool for making holes in the soil, especially when planting bulbs or seedlings. Pick one up at your favorite gardening center.
– And check out these local garden centers and gift shops for some terrific garden and nature presents and stocking stuffers: Hymans Garden Center in Charleston and Abide-A-While Garden Center in Mount Pleasant.
And our list wouldn’t be complete without these suggestions that are not only great gifts but help support the Conservancy and the work we do in the parks that you enjoy all year long.
– Make a donation in your friend or family member’s name. You can even designate your donation to one of our specific projects.
– Shop our store for cool park goodies like hats, T-shirts, picnic blankets and water bottles. We’re running a holiday special on our hoodies and fleeces. Get $20 off with the code FBHOLIDAY.