- This event has passed.
Walk in the Parks Volunteer Leaders
August 16, 2023 @ 8:00 am - September 5, 2023 @ 5:00 pm
If you’re on the lookout for a new way to volunteer that doesn’t require bending or squatting, or if you enjoy walking around the park near your home and are looking for some walking buddies to join you, look no further! The Conservancy is excited to trial a new Walk in the Park program to kick off this fall, but we need energetic and engaging volunteers to lead these walks!
Walk in the Park will take place in 8 week intervals at various parks that the Conservancy works in. The purpose of this program is to connect neighbors through movement in their local public green space while creating healthier communities.
We’re on the hunt for Walk Leaders to trial this program with us this fall. Here’s some more information on what being a Walk Leader entails:
- Lead one walk a week for 8 consecutive weeks, ideally starting the week of September 16th
- Looking for people who live or work near: Hampton Park, West Ashley Bikeway, Johns Island end of the West Ashley Greenway to lead walks at these parks
- Walks will be from 1-1.5 hours at either morning or evening hours on weekdays
- Orientation by Conservancy staff with a trial walk through provided
- Be responsible for checking volunteers in, keeping the group together and on pace to finish on time, tracking steps and reporting data to our Director of Programs
If this sounds like something you’re interested in or would like to learn more about, please fill out this form so we can get in touch!