- This event has passed.
Honeybee Hive Inspection
April 18 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
What’s all the buzz about pollinators? Come see for yourself at Magnolia Community Garden’s Apiary! Join two Conservancy Beekeepers as they inspect a honeybee hive and learn all about the magic of bees!
**Please review the recommended safety precautions below. Attendees will observe the inspection from a safe distance and additional best practices for observing a hive inspection will be shared onsite. Basic first aid in the form of sting relief pads and Benadryl will be available onsite. However, anyone with a known allergy to bee stings should plan to have an EpiPen on their person in the event they are stung. We will also have information and activities available away from the hive for individuals who want to learn about bees from a distance.
- Black or very brightly colored clothing should be avoided
- Loose clothes, long sleeves, long pants, close-toed shoes, and hats are recommended
- Avoid wearing sweet perfumes
- We recommend individuals with long hair wear their hair up, if possible
- Avoid eating bananas right before coming to the program as bananas can resemble a “danger” pheromone to bees
Sign up here!