Etiwan Park Plant List
Crinum Stars and Stripes- Stars and Stripes Crinum Lily
– Old fashioned, native Southern gardening plant. Clumping bulb with long, rich green foliage. White flowers with red/pink stripes on 2 foot stalks in summer. Like full sun, moderately salt tolerant. Foliage damaged by cold temperatures but come back strong.
Rosa Knockout – Blush Pink Knockout Rose
– Hardy shrub rose with flushes from April until first frost. Hard winter prune required in February and a light summer prune in June. Like full sun and well-drained soil. Mostly disease free, some aphid problems.
Callicarpa americana – American Beautyberry
– Deciduous, native woody shrub. Like full sun to part shade, more fruit set in full sun. Not salt tolerant. Rich magenta berries in late summer and through fall, remaining on bare stems after leaves drop. Low maintenance plant that attracts birds.
Rosmarinus officinalis ‘Prostratus’- Prostrate Rosemary
– Woody perennial herb with fragrant, evergreen foliage. Great drought-tolerant, texture rich plant. Long bloom periods in warm climates with blue/purple flowers.
Lantana Pink Caprice – Pink Caprice Lantana
– Fast growing perennial shrub with gorgeous pale pink and yellow flowers from late spring to frost. Like full sun. Attracts butterflies.
Cuphea ignea – Cigar Plant
– Tropical perennial evergreen shrub. Grows to 4-5 feet tall. Small, orange/red tubular flowers in summer and fall with small purple/black tips, resembling a lit cigar. Like full sun.
Aloe saponaria – Soap Aloe
– Grow up to 1-2 feet tall, with a spreading habit and succulent pale green leaves with white speckles. Sharp teeth on leaf margins. Produce tall flower stalks a couple times a year, up to 2 feet tall with showy, tubular red/orange flowers. Very drought tolerant, like full sun to part shade. Will produce offsets and expand over seasons.
Muhlenbergia capillaris – Muhly Grass, Sweet Grass
– Native, fine textured ornamental grass with wispy, pink/purple blooms in the fall. Like full sun.