Elliotborough Park Plant List
Rosa ‘Knockout’- Blush Pink Knockout Rose
– Hardy shrub rose with flushes from April until first frost. Hard winter prune required in February and a light summer prune in June. Like full sun and well-drained soil. Mostly disease free, some aphid problems.
Lantana sp. ‘Lemon Cream’ – Lemon Cream Lantana
– Fast growing perennial shrub with yellow and white flowers from late spring to frost. Like full sun. Attracts butterflies.
Abelia ‘Rose Creek’ – Rose Creek Abelia
– Evergreen shrub with moderate growth rate. Relatively low maintenance once established. Grow 2-3 feet tall. Long bloom season, white/blush flowers on crimson stems with rich green leaves. Like partial to full sun.
Ruellia brittonia– Dwarf Mexican Petunia
– Dwarf evergreen mounding perennial. Rich green foliage with many blue/purple flowers. Likes full sun to part shade.
Aloe saponaria – Soap Aloe
– Grow up to 1-2 feet tall, with a spreading habit and succulent pale green leaves with white speckles. Sharp teeth on leaf margins. Produce tall flower stalks a couple times a year, up to 2 feet tall with showy, tubular red/orange flowers. Very drought tolerant, like full sun to part shade. Will produce offsets and expand over seasons.
Plectranthus ‘Mona Lavender’- Mona Lavender Plectranthus
– Herbaceous shrub with rich green/purple foliage. Treated as an annual in South Carolina. Bright purple, tubular flower clumps in summer and fall. Likes shade and part sun.
Rudbeckia hirta ‘Indian Summer’- Gloriosa Daisy
– Upright annual wildflower with bright yellow, daisy-like flower petals and dark centers on 1-2 foot long stems. Flowers summer and into fall. Like full sun.
Gaura lindheimeri ‘Siskiyou Pink’ – Pink Gaura
– Great garden wildflower. Deep pink flowers on long stems in summer and fall. Like sun to part shade. Drought tolerant.
Eragrostiss elliottii – Blue Love Grass
– Rapid growing ornamental grass. Deep blue-green foliage with blooms from summer into fall. Like full sun.