Brittlebank Park Plant List
Callicarpa americanaAmerican Beautyberry
– Deciduous, woody shrub. Like full sun to part shade, more fruit set in full sun. Not salt tolerant. Rich magenta berries in late summer and through fall, remaining on bare stems after leaves drop. Low maintenance plant that attracts birds.Salvia greggii microphylla Maraschino’ – Maraschino Bush Salvia
– Soft, mounding shrub with small aromatic leaves and deep pink/red blooms from spring to frost. Like full sun and attracts hummingbirds.
Erythrina herbaceaNative Coral Bean
– Native semi-evergreen shrub with clumping, irregular growth. Rich red tubular flowers. Like full sun to part shade. Great to use to achieve a natural effect.
Helianthus debilis – Florida Dune Sun
– Great rapid growing flowering groundcover. Flowers from spring until winter. Attracts butterflies. Like full sun.
Oenethera drummondii Beach Primrose
– Native flowering ground cover. Pale yellow flowers April through fall. Like sandy soils and coastal dunes. Like full sun.
Muhlenbergia capillaris Muhly Grass, Sweet Grass
– Native, fine textured ornamental grass with wispy, pink/purple blooms in the fall. Like full sun.
Narcissus ’Gigantic Star’ – Gigantic Star Daffodil
– Large-cup, naturalizing flowering bulb. Foliage in February with large, fragrant yellow flowers in March and April. One flower per stem. Like full sun.