5 Reasons to Go to the Charleston Farmers Market This Saturday
1) Support local farmers. Buy local! You support the economy, the environment, and you will know the source of your food and other purchases.
2) The Charleston Parks Conservancy will have a table at the Farmers Market this Saturday, and we will be spreading the word about our mission to improve the quality, usage, awareness and appreciation of the city’s parks and green spaces. Marion Square is just one of the many parks that we are involved in throughout the city! The Conservancy maintains the raised beds around the perimeter of Marion Square.
3) Become a Park Angel and have a chance to win a custom bike from Affordabike! Come by the Charleston Parks Conservancy’s booth to find out more info about our Park Angel volunteers. Register online at our website before June 1 and, as a new Park Angel, you are automatically entered into the drawing for the chance to win.
4) Over 40 vendors will be at the Charleston Farmers Market with everything from fresh produce, plants, herbs and flowers, to products made by local artisans.
5) Live entertainment, delicious food and fun for the entire family!
See you there!