The Conservancy has launched an initiative allowing us to help our community grow their own food, offer classes focusing on urban horticulture, and develop an urban farm site focusing on all aspects of horticulture in an urban area.
- Located at the intersection of Magnolia Road & Sycamore Avenue in the West Ashley area of Charleston
- 60 garden beds available for lease to members of the community
- 11 garden beds raising produce for a local food pantries
- A communal space to grow your own food and connect with your family, friends and neighbors
- Composting & Vermiculture systems
- Located at 134 Line Street, Charleston, SC 29403 in Elliotborough Park
- 20 garden beds available for lease to members of the community
- Four garden beds raising produce for local food pantries and neighborhood residents
- Communal gardening space is a part of Elliotborough Park home to a children's playground, a stage and perrenial beds
- Located at 2101 Medway Road in the Riverland Terrace area of James Island
- Fundraising is underway to build the newest community garden in a public park
- Contact Leslie Wade to be added to the wait list for a garden plot
- Click here to donate to this project
Urban Horticulture and Gardening Classes
A new component of the Conservancy's Educate You program, classes are offered to garden participants and the public on urban gardening methods. Classes are held at Magnolia Park and Community Garden in the pavilion unless otherwise noted. Dates and times are subject to change.
Scholarships are available for obtaining a garden plot with no annual fee. Please, contact Leslie if interested in this opportunity.