The Conservancy has launched an initiative allowing us to help our community grow their own food, offer classes focusing on urban horticulture, and develop an urban farm site focusing on all aspects of horticulture in an urban area.
Magnolia Park and Community Garden
- Located at the intersection of Magnolia Road & Sycamore Avenue in the West Ashley area of Charleston
- 40 garden beds available for lease to members of the community
- 10 garden beds raising produce for a local homeless shelter and food pantries
- A communal space to grow your own food and connect with your family, friends and neighbors
- Composting & Vermiculture systems
- Garden beds will be available for first plantings April 29, 2014
- Located at 134 Line Street, Charleston, SC 29403 in Elliotborough Park
- 20 garden beds available for lease to members of the community
- Four garden beds raising produce for a local homeless shelter and neighborhood residents
- Communal gardening space is a part of Elliotborough Park home to a children's playground, a stage and perrenial beds
Urban Horticulture and Gardening Classes
- A new component of the Conservancy's Educate You program, classes will be offered to garden participants and the public on urban gardening methods
- Check back soon for a list of available classes
Scholarships are available for obtaining a garden plot with no annual fee. Please, contact Leslie if interested in this opportunity.