Last week we posted about what fruits and vegetables you can find in season as you’re shopping the local farmers markets this summer. Almost every area of town has a market at different times of the week so you shouldn’t have any trouble finding a convenient time to shop.
- Charleston Farmers Market: Each Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. through Dec. 22 in Marion Square, downtown Charleston. http://www.charlestonarts.org
- Farmers Market at Freshfields Village: Each Monday from 4-8 p.m. until Aug. 27 on Johns Island. http://www.freshfieldsvillage.com
- Mount Pleasant Farmers Market: Each Tuesday from 3:30 p.m. until dusk through Oct. 16 at the Farmers Market Pavilion on Coleman Boulevard. http://www.comeonovermp.com
- North Charleston Farmers Market: Each Thursday from noon to 7 p.m. through Oct. 18 at Park Circle’s Felix C. Davis Community Center. http://www.northcharleston.org
- Daniel Island Farmers Market: Each Thursday from 4 p.m. to dusk on Island Park Drive across from the Publix shopping center.
- Summerville Farmers Market: Each Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. through Nov. 17 in the First Citizens parking lot adjacent to Summerville Town Hall. http://www.summerville.sc.us
- Sunday Brunch Farmers Market: Each Sunday from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Medway Park on James Island (Riverland Terrace area).
Did we miss any markets? Let us know! And be sure to post some photos of your purchases on our Facebook page!